Within CLPCN we promote research and encourage patients to get involved in research projects that are likely to make a difference to our populations, to the NHS and to broader scientific knowledge. We work closely with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) – Community Research Network for the North West Coast. The NIHR promotes and funds some of research within the NHS.
Why take part? What’s in it for you?
- You will be able to take part in research projects relating to your medical conditions and potentially find better treatments or improvement in health and wellbeing.
What’s in it for the NHS and for scientific knowledge?
- We sometimes need patients and carers to share their insight, expertise and experiences with researchers to prioritise types of research, to improve health care and to improve health outcomes. For example research helps:
- Provide lifechanging treatments
- Diagnose disease earlier and better
- Prevent people from developing conditions
- Ensure people have a better quality of life.
If you are interested
- You can take a look at the NIHR ‘Be Part of Research’ website to find current ongoing studies near you. https://bepartofresearch.nihr.ac.uk/
- Have a look at other patient resources at https://local.nihr.ac.uk/lcrn/north-west-coast/patients-carers-and-the-public/
Contact the CLPCN research team directly at VauxhallResearch@livgp.nhs.uk